Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Deadlines and Plumes

I’ve been working on deadlines all week

Before midnight on the 10th of May

At midnight all writers and artists

Become Cinderellas to a

God-like wizard

Hiding in the nether regions of this vast other planet

Called the internet.

Cycling pitilessly close

I was once stopped mid-way

Through my application

A persistent hiccup to

A stopped clock.


That’s it, I have no sympathy for you,

A friend told me.

None.

None?

None.

But why?

You’re a procrastinator

She said.

My magic inflatable pumpkin

Collapsed.


You should step into my shoes

My world of deadlines

For a week

I thought to myself,

Could this blog be my revenge.

Then.

I’ve been thinking of it

For a year.

Two years.

Could it be three?


Who would want to read my

Brain farts?

Aka

f.art.

er.

Plumes.

I ask


They want to get a sense of your

Personality.

Get a load of that!

I say

(shaking a fist)

At you.

Did you know that?

Well, you asked for it.

Apparently.

I was told.

I told you so.

Just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment